Saturday, June 11, 2011


One of my favorite things about the fashion industry is the concept that ugly is beautiful. Some of the most successful models owe their success to having features that by normal standards would be considered ugly or out of the norm. Likewise, the most well-known and celebrated avant garde designers creations would be ridiculed by the average eye if they were worn on the streets. And no, I'm not thankful for this pretty=ugly standard because in fashion standards I fit in perfectly...hooray for self-ridicule. The truth is, I am in love with this concept because it defies the expectations that society has set. The fact that to the creative eye, something that is hideous to the average individual, can be beautiful in their eyes. And that is why i think fashion is one of the highest and most complex art forms. And I'm just getting the hold of it.
carpe noctem

No comments:

Post a Comment